Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Fireproof

Ok, Ok! I am probably the last person on Earth who had not seen this movie! Well--second to the last because E still has not seen it. I finally sat down one morning at 6:30 AM and watched it. WOW! I will say that I am very happy in my marriage and E and I have worked really hard for it to be the marriage that God intended us to have. Yet, we are not pros and still have our moments!! I got so much from this movie that it gave me an increasing desire to love my spouse and do for my spouse more than I imagined.

Wouldn't you know it! We had the "Love Dare" book on our bookshelf! I think my mom gave it to E for Christmas or something. It had papers in it so I assume he read it, not sure. But I just did! I love the part on Day 1 that compares the Love Dare to running a marathon; a race that is hard but worth running. As someone that wished they were a runner I love this analogy!

I am inspired to be a better wife, which will make me a better mother. I am ready.


No comments: